Tuesday, July 26, 2011

day 5 reflections

We spent nearly the whole class on Atlas.ti last night, which we really needed to do (after orienting everyone to Centra and pointing them to OIT for troubleshooting various issues and revising the schedule for the rest of the class.) 

We've pushed the Centra session back a day and we'll cover collaborative/project management tools and data representation tools the same day. I finally looked at the rest of the questionnaires and pretty much everyone already knows Skype, dropbox, google docs and Prezi. So that should save us some time next week. 

Throughout last night I was able to make some improvements to the outline I have for Atlas.ti. There's no easy way to keep eleven people together, though, no matter what you try. I do not miss my days of doing technology training. Everyone's laptops are different and present different glitches and challenges. We eventually got everyone up to speed, though, enough that I think everyone got to do some coding and memoing and playing with the tools. It was a LONG night, though.

Tomorrow night Mike from OIT will do a two hour QDA Miner workshop, we'll have a discussion of this week's readings (all of which I really like) and I will do a short overview of Transana if we have time. I will be working on Monday's Transana workshop during the car ride to and from Indiana this weekend; hopefully David won't mind driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment