Friday, August 5, 2011

day 8

We met in Centra on Wednesday night and it was SO much better than the past Centra classes I have facilitated. The video switching feature is awesome, and everything just seems to be much smoother now than it was. Having several guest presenters helped break up the night, and the number of technical difficulties was lower than in past classes. Overall it was really good - though I am always exhausted and my head hurts after Centra classes.

The topics we covered could easily have filled 2-3 class sessions. I wish we could have watched Singapore Dreaming and compared it with one of Woo's academic articles using the same data. I wish we'd had time to really debate arts-based research. I wish we could have all practiced doing word cloud or worked together in ManyEyes.

I'd like to add a reading/discussion around hard and soft process technologies, too. 

Here's an article I ran across that I'd like to use next time.

This page on the different ways to use TagCrowd is useful too.

I would also use some of these special issue articles on performative social science. 

I'm wondering whether I can teach this class again in spring 12 or not...would I have enough students? Would it be good to test out some of the book chapters on the class? Hmm.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment